Double Stallion Games creates unique player experiences in familiar action genres using gorgeous 2D hand-animated aesthetics that feel fresh and dynamic to modern players.
We are currently ramping up and looking for a passionate full-time 2D Animator to join our team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in Toon Boom Harmony software in both traditional frame-by-frame and cut-out animation styles.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Create visually stunning 2D character and FX animations
- Clean-up, colour and rig over rough animations to create polished final animations
- Re-skin character animations with new costumes/items/accessories
- Ensure animations are efficient and organized
- Optimize assets to ensure the game runs smoothly
- Follow established art direction based on style guides/design bible and concept art
- Formal training in traditional animation or equivalent work experience
- Strong draftsmanship skills
- Familiarity with western-style cartoon animation as well as anime-style design/appeal
- At ease with both character and FX animation
- Familiarity with gaming animation constraints and the ability to work within them
- Ability to follow directions and participate in multiple tasks
- Ability to innovate and go beyond while still following an established style guide/design bible
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Flexible and adept at also designing characters, environments, UI, etc.
- Comfortable working in Toon Boom Harmony for traditional, peg and bone animation
- Adept in Adobe Photoshop and Animate (Flash)
- Familiarity with the Unity game engine
Benefits Offered include:
- Family health insurance, including dental and vision
To apply please submit a cover letter, a current resume and your portfolio/demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who provide links to their portfolio/demo reel will be considered.