Double Stallion Games creates unique player experiences in familiar action genres using gorgeous 2D hand-animated aesthetics that feel fresh and dynamic to modern players.
We are currently ramping up and looking for a passionate full-time Technical VFX Artist to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a flexible artist with programming ability that works to enhance our traditional 2D animations and environments with lighting, shaders, particles and other effects in Unity.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work closely with our traditional artists to add additional dynamic effects over their animations and improve the overall visuals of the game
- Add dynamic lighting to scenes that compliments and enhances the 2D shading of the assets
- Work with shaders and filters to create film grain, colour correction and other post-processing FX
- Understand goals and direction for a given project to produce FX with an appropriate sense of timing, colour and drama
- Work with technical constraints by optimizing assets to run at desirable frame-rates and fit within memory limitations, maintaining clean and organized assets and file structures
- Assist in identifying FX needs and proposes solutions for our current project(s)
- Help bridge the gap between artists and programmers
- Help integrate art and ensure smooth unity across all the assets.
- Follow established art direction based on style guides/design bible and concept art
- Game industry experience
- A great eye for colour and composition
- Experience with 2D animation and FX for 2D games
- Expert knowledge of the Unity game engine and its effects system
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and one or more 3D packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.)
- Experience with scripting and rigging of effects systems (Unity C#)
- Ability to follow directions and participate in multiple tasks
- Ability to innovate and go beyond while still following an established style guide/design bible
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive criticism
Benefits offered include:
- Family health insurance, including dental and vision
To apply please submit a cover letter, a current resume and your portfolio/demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who provide links to their portfolio/demo reel will be considered.